Food and the Island (Feel like a local Eat like a Local)
For people who wish to Experience, Smell and Taste the true Corfu, away from the tourist attractions and the crowds. Designed for those who love wine, beer and traditional home-cookedfood with local ingredients and wish to taste them at their source. For those wishing to experience a day full of Corfiot hospitality and discover magnificent places and relax in a fabulous beach surrounded by the most virgin views of the Island.Get to see the Island of Corfu in just one day. A fun Full day excursion that visits places only the locals go.
Type:Food, Gastronomy, Tradition, Culture
Destination(s):Corfu, Old Town
First thing on our list is to visit one of the traditional Villages of Corfu and their Bakery, still producing bakery products in the wood oven. We will observe the process smell warm bread and taste traditional warm pies. Just a few steps away, is the modern olive press and an exhibition of the traditional machinery used to extract the olive oil from olives. Tasting warm bread from the traditional bakery with Extra virgin Corfiot olive oil, is a unique experience.
Next stop is the oldest winery of the Island, to enjoy our wine and taste some of the best local delicacies under the shadows of the elm trees. We will observe the Corfiot wine making process; and walk through this magnificent 300 acres estate for a short alternative guided tour.
A tour designed for people who can appreciate quality good food and wine. A unique possibility to see the Island, experience the unique delicacies of Corfu and visit the places that only the locals go.
- Gastronomy tour (Traditional Greek pie tasting, Wine & Beer tasting, Snacks, Corfiot Dinner)
- Wood Oven (Bakery)
- Olive press
- Traditional Corfiot 300 acres vineyard Estate
- Traditional Village tavern for Dinner
- Duration 5~6 hours
- Transfers and Excursion with modern fully air-conditioned coaches
- Camera with extra memory card
- Wine, meze at the Estate, beer, desert,
- Tasting of other local products and Dinner are included
- Drinks at Tavern are NOT included
- Make sure you bring your appetite!!!