Privacy of personal information is very important to us for all of our valued customers. At ICHNOS, we recognize that earning your trust is one of the most important things we do as a business. We have your trust since 1963 and we would like to continue so! We respect and protect your right to privacy in relation to your interactions with this website. Below, we explain how we use your information and how we protect your privacy. Any information which is provided by you to ICHNOS will be treated in accordance with the terms of the Data Protection Acts, Ν. 2472/1997 and Π. Δ. 207/1998 and 79/2000 art. 8 of Ν. 2819/2000 (Greek government) as well as the European Union directive 95/46/EU and 97/66/EU and/or such amending or replacement legislation as may be adopted in Greece from time to time.
PRIVACY, CONFIDENTIALITY AND COMMUNICATION
In ICHNOS we respect the personal data of each visitor to our Sites. In the text that follows, we describe, in a simple and clear way, how we process your personal data which we either we collect from you or you give to us. Please read carefully the following information (hereinafter: “Declaration”) in order to get informed about the way that we collect, store, use, transfer and protect the personal data we receive from you:
1. ICHNOS collects and stores only and exclusively the personal data that you notify via insertion of the obligatory personal information in the relevant fields or/and via your answers within the framework of specific actions conducted by ICHNOS. You may participate voluntarily and the requested data are only the ones necessary for the company’s proper operation.
2. In view of our obligation to safeguard and protect its members’ and subscribers’ data, ICHNOS is bound to protect and use properly such data (hereinafter “personal data”) that are being collected through its Sites. During the process of your registration as User and subscriber to our Newsletter, we collect and process part or all of the following personal data: Name – Surname, Gender, Age, Place of Birth, Place of Residence, Family Status, Studies, Professional Experience
3. ICHNOS collects only the personal data that are offered voluntarily by you, in order to serve you in the best possible way. When additional, optional data are requested, you will be informed accordingly at the time of their collection.
A. Collection and purposes of use of the personal data
Collection of your personal data takes place only if you chose voluntarily to provide them – for example, in case you register to our Sites or our newsletter. Our ability to effectively communicate with you is necessary in order to continue sending you our Newsletter. Consequently, it is necessary, during your registration, to provide us with the true personal data that will be requested of you. During your registration in the services offered via our Sites, you consent also to the storing and use of your personal data, in accordance to this Declaration. We are allowed to process your personal data, in order to offer personalized services, pursuant to law (article 6(1b) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679). Your personal data are not used for purposes other than the ones described in this Declaration, unless we receive your prior consent, or if such use is obligatory or permissible by law.
Purpose of the collection, use and process of your personal data is (a) the offering of the services that you request through our Sites, for of receipt of which is required your data’s use or/and process (e.g. sending newsletter to your email), (b) your best update and facilitation in your browsing, through listing of your personal preferences in your profile.
B. Access to personal data and rights
The personal data that you make known to ICHNOS through its Sites, either during your registration or at a later stage, are collected and used in accordance with the legislation in place, relating to the protection of personal data; more specifically, in accordance with the new European General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 as well as the rest of the applicable legislation on personal data protection. More specifically, you have the following rights:
• Right to be informed about your personal data: Following a relevant request from your end, we will provide you with information regarding the personal data we have of you.
• Right to rectification of your personal data: If you notify us accordingly, we will rectify any inaccurate personal data relevant to you. We will complete incomplete data as long as you inform us respectively, subject that this is necessary for the purposes of your data process.
• Right to erasure of your personal data: Following your relevant request, we will erase the personal data that we have of you. However, some data will only be erased following a specific detention period, for example, due to the fact that in some instances we are obliged by law to preserve the data or because such data are required for the completion of our contractual obligations towards you.
• Right to revoke your consent: You may, at any time, revoke your consent for process of your personal data in the future. The legality of processing your data prior to this point will not be affected by this.
• Right to object against the processing of your data: You may, at any time, object against the processing of your personal data, for the future. If you object, we will stop processing your data, unless there are legitimate grounds for their further processing. Processing of your data for marketing reasons does not constitute a legitimate ground.
C. Data Transfers
ICHNOS does not share or transfer your data to third parties, unless this is required for lawful professional purposes and business requirements, in order to respond to your requests and/if it is obliged to do so by law. In any case, access to your personal data is granted only to authorized personnel, in order to serve the purposes of their collection, use and processing, as described in the present Declaration.
In certain instances, ICHNOS may share your data with some companies or service providers with whom it collaborates, in order to respond to your requests or to other data processors. In each instance, we will inform you in advance and ask for your consent. The people who will have access to your data in this respect, will be bound by a duty of confidentiality.
ICHNOS reserves the right to use the data which you provide to us through our Sites for statistical, promotional, research or advertising purposes, including by transferring it to authorized third parties, while ensuring that the identification or authentication of the individual concerned is not possible under such circumstances.
ICHNOS may transfer some personal data to processors outside Greece or store data in another country to the one where you are located. By providing your data through this site, you consent to this transfer/storage of your data abroad. ICHNOS may store your data in the cloud. This means that your data may be processed from a cloud service provider on behalf of ICHNOS and your data may be stored in locations throughout the world.
ICHNOS employs technical and legal measures to protect your data and imposes similar- and certainly not less strict- requirements to the cloud service providers, including requirements concerning the use of your data exclusively for the purposes described in the present Declaration.
D. Data Security
ICHNOS employs specific procedures of technical and organizational security in order to safeguard personal data and information from any loss, bad use, alteration or destruction. Our associates, who support us in the maintenance of our Sites also adhere to these procedures.
ICHNOS strives to retain your data only for as long as it is necessary in view of the purpose for which they were collected or until you request that they be erased, unless it is required to retain them by law.
Use of Customer Information:
Visiting ICHNOS website your information is collected when you request information from us, contact us or make a booking with us, our web server automatically recognizes and collects your IP address. We will up-date your information whenever we get the opportunity so that it is current, accurate and complete. In order to purchase our products or services, it is necessary for you to disclose personal information, including your name, address, email address, phone number, credit card details and other identifying information in order to process orders and provide customer service. If you do not provide personal information when purchasing one of our products or services, we cannot confirm your purchase or fulfill your booking. Any information obtained via this website will be used by ICHNOS to identify you as a customer, to process your booking, to verify credit or other charge card details and to deliver relevant information to you in connection with your travel and any other ancillary services which you may wish to avail of. For these purposes, we may transit your personal information to our own offices, authorized agents, other carriers and services providers, credit and charge card companies or banks and data processing companies working on our behalf. Your personal information and any records relating to your travel will also be retained for audit functions.
We ask for your telephone number so that we can contact you urgently if there is a problem with your reservation. In some instances we may also ask for personal demographic data such as your country of residence, gender, age, travel habits, etc.We ask for and store information about you when you create an account on the site, such as your name, email address, and signup location.
You can contribute to the site in a number of different ways, including writing reviews, uploading photos, filling out your public profile, and rating other users’ contributions. We may store these contributions (your “Content”), display them to other users, and use them for promotional purposes. We are not responsible for the information you choose to include in your Content and we may use it in any desirable way.
We only use your email address for sending you a confirmation of your bookings or to contact you for any reason directly linked to your booking, or occasionally to inform you of new features on, or offers through, ICHNOS .
“Cookies” also known as an HTTP cookie, web cookie, or browser cookie, is usually a small piece of data sent from a website and stored in a user’s web browser while a user is browsing a website. When the user browses the same website in the future, the data stored in the cookie can be retrieved by the website to notify the website of the user’s previous activity. Cookies were designed to be a reliable mechanism for websites to remember the state of the website or activity the user had taken in the past. This can include clicking particular buttons, loggin in or a record of which pages were visited by the user even months or years ago.Although cookies cannot carry viruses, and cannot install malware on the host computer,tracking cookies and especially third-party tracking cookies are commonly used as ways to compile long-term records of individuals’ browsing histories
How We Use Your Personal Information
If you make a purchase at our websites, we may send you information about new products, or ask your opinion about our websites, tours, excursion etc., so that we may improve our service to you and other consumers. If you do not want ICHNOS to contact you in the future, please let us know by sending an email to Customer care department email@example.com.
If you subscribe to any of our email messages, we will use your personal information to send you the information you requested. You will always have the option to unsubscribe by sending an email . Some of the personal information we collect is shared with our service partners (e.g. tour operators, transfers) who are directly involved in fulfilling the purchases you have made from us.
Legal Disclosure of Your Information
We reserve the right to disclose your personally identifiable information as required by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on our website.